Nice photo from ktmel!
I enjoyed our visit to Streets Alive today. We definitely got a preview of the potential for an uneasy relationship between pedestrians and cyclists on the Beltline path — there’s going to be a ‘courtesy’ learning curve for sharing the space well. But I’m confident we’ll get it ironed out and that this will end up being an incredible resource for the city.
I’m amazed at how many neighborhoods you can pass through in short order via a relatively easy walk/ride on this trail. Very cool.
There are some very neat details on it already too (like the bike as weathervane near the Virginia Ave. entrance). That said, my biggest complaint is the trail needs more access points. If someone wanted to walk via the Beltline trail to say, a show at the Masquerade, there’s no clear easy way to get off the trail near North Ave. (or if there was, it wasn’t marked). But there was a dirt hill that could cut through the Murder Kroger parking lot. If they can improve that area it’ll really be a great, car-free, boon for the city.
- ktmel likes this
- epsareshort reblogged this from atlurbanist
- jamesjgm reblogged this from atlurbanist
- myexternalharddrive reblogged this from atlurbanist and added:
- uncooljohn likes this
- moustachefiend likes this
- poopsucks likes this
- shorterexcerpts reblogged this from atlurbanist and added:
- shorterexcerpts likes this
- jacksonreeves reblogged this from atlurbanist and added:
- magdalina likes this
- blitherocher likes this
- wdarling likes this
- atlurbanist reblogged this from ktmel and added:
- atlurbanist likes this
- ktmel posted this