He didn’t run for president, but … the Indiana governor will be offering up some tough statements against Obama tonight as he makes the GOP’s official State of the Union response. Herman Cain will also offer a response for the Tea Party, and Occupy Wall Street will also make their own response. Here’s an excerpt from Daniel’s speech:
No feature of the Obama presidency has been sadder than its constant efforts to divide us, to curry favor with some Americans by castigating others. As in previous moments of national danger, we Americans are all in the same boat. If we drift, quarreling and paralyzed, over a Niagara of debt, we will all suffer, regardless of income, race, gender, or other category. If we fail to shift to a pro-jobs, pro-growth economic policy, there will never be enough public revenue to pay for our safety net, national security, or whatever size government we decide to have.
Read some more excerpts over this-a-way.
Meanwhile, colossal piece-of-shit Mitch Daniels ran on getting union support, and is now trying to force Indiana into being a “right to work” state. He hasn’t gotten the attention Scott Walker has, but is the same horrible boat.
- bankswillis likes this
- bebrilliantgo reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan
- chameleonarcher reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- yatriedtakisser likes this
- frankenunicorn likes this
- bananawheels reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- thethirdshift likes this
- dippingstickssunshine reblogged this from girlwithalessonplan and added:
- girlwithalessonplan reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- blissandzen likes this
- polar-bear-princess said:Ugh. I apologize to the rest of America on behalf of Indiana.
- genericlatino likes this
- shorterexcerpts reblogged this from evanfleischer and added:
- evanfleischer reblogged this from shortformblog and added:
- saturdayswarrior likes this
- This was featured in #State of the Union
- shortformblog posted this